As of August 2 2012, we have raised over 98% of the $189,250 necessary for protecting public access to the Missisquoi River in Enosburg Falls. With your help we can raise the remaining $4,694 by August 15, 2012. Several large donations and many small donations will get us to our goal. Please donate today to help make this project a success.
A great opportunity has arisen to enhance a Healthy and Vibrant Missisquoi River Community. Nine acres of river front land is available to create a permanently conserved river access park just south of the Enosburg Falls Bridge of Flowers and Light. With your support, a currently “posted” property can be transformed into a seven acre public park with over 1,500 feet of river frontage.
Amongst many benefits, this project will:
- Offer two affordable housing building sites to Habitat for Humanity;
- Protect permanent public access to the Missisquoi River;
- Restore fishing access to long-time small mouth bass habitat and to waters stocked with Trophy Trout since 2007;
- Restore permanent access to a Northern Forest Canoe Trail put-in and take-out that will be safer and more attractive to paddlers, thus increasing river tourism and associated community benefits;
- Create a permanent public park.
A Healthy and Vibrant Missisquoi River Community depends on protecting the special places known and loved, and keeping them public treasures forever. Every gift is important.