A great opportunity has arisen to enhance a Healthy and Vibrant Missisquoi River Community. Nine acres of river front land is available to create a permanently conserved river access park just south of the Enosburg Falls Bridge of Flowers and Light. With your support, a currently “posted” property can be transformed into a five acre public park with over 1,500 feet of river frontage.
As of April 3, 2012, with help from the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board, the Fields Pond Foundation, the Enosburgh Conservation Fund and private donors, we have already raised $152,818 of the $189,250 necessary for protecting this public access. With your help we can raise the remaining $36,432 by April 15, 2012. Several large donations and many small donations will get us to our goal.
Amongst many benefits, this project will:
- Offer two affordable housing building sites to Habitat for Humanity;
- Protect permanent public access to the Missisquoi River;
- Restore fishing access to long-time small mouth bass habitat and to waters stocked with Trophy Trout since 2007;
- Restore permanent access to a Northern Forest Canoe Trail put-in and take-out that will be safer and more attractive to paddlers, thus increasing river tourism and associated community benefits;
- Create a permanent public park.
Please donate today to help make this project a success.
A Healthy and Vibrant Missisquoi River Community depends on protecting the special places known and loved, and keeping them public treasures forever. Every gift is important.